Peanut butter granola pie; borrowed recipe

Peanut butter granola pie topped with icecream.
Photo by: Chad Morgan 
Have you ever seen that commercial for Sandra's homemade yummy scrumptious bars? In case you have not, here it is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdTIfI9KeuM 

Sandra’s bars were award winning and gained her recognition from her neighbors. She felt really good about that. However, she was a fraud only because she did nothing but open a packet of Fiber One Granola bars.  I must say there is joy in finding something great to eat. And when you find that thing, you want to share it with everyone. Now, I am not suggesting that you do as Sandra did. That may be copy write infringement. And, I’m sure you can go to jail for that.

However, when I taste something that I thoroughly enjoy, I have no problem asking for the recipe so that I can try it. This weekend, I made a peanut butter and chocolate chip granola pie that I want to share with you all. This recipe is borrowed from my best friend, but I have changed a few things to make it even better. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 graham cracker pie crust
½ cup of butter
½ cup of brown sugar
¾ cup of amber agave/corn syrup
¼ cup of chopped walnuts
¼ cups of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips combined
Pinch of salt
3 beaten eggs
4 packs of Nature valley honey and oats

Directions:
1 Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2 In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter on high 50 to 60 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar and agave until blended. Add salt, vanilla and beaten eggs. Stir crushed granola bars, walnuts, peanut butter and chocolate chips into brown sugar mixture. Pour into graham cracker pie crust.
3 Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm, at room temperature topped with ice cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oxtail Stew

Same dish; New Preparation