Mango Salsa; My Summer Snack


Recently, I’ve been pigging out on all the wrong snacks. A box of Gushers a day, a box of Salty Nuts, ooey gooey chocolate toffee cake, peach cobbler. The list goes on. And I haven’t been excising as much because of a pinched meniscus.

So this week, I wanted a more refreshing snack to enjoy in this summer heat. Something that would not make me feel like pig. Salsa!  The great thing about salsa is that it can be made in thousands of combinations all freshly put together.

I am normally a big fan of eating fruit and veggies. But my sweet tooth has been in over drive, and I have to put it to rest now. Especially since all of the blog posts next month will be desserts. I’m guaranteed to gain 5 pounds, and if you follow my blog, be careful. 

I’m not responsible for your weight gain!

Chunky Mango Salsa

Ingredients:

2 mangoes
1 large tomato
1 lime
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/3 cup of red pepper with seeds
Diced cilantro

Directions:
Peel mangoes and cut around the fibrous middle. Chop or dice one large tomatoes. Cut up the red pepper and red onion finely.  Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Cut a lime in half and squeeze juice over all ingredients. Add cilantro for the finishing touches. 

*If you like you salsa less chunky, place ingredients into a food processors for 5 seconds a pulse until desired consistency is reached*




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oxtail Stew

Peanut butter granola pie; borrowed recipe

Same dish; New Preparation