Level 1 Pastry


Photo by: Chad Morgan
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake

Recently I had a 30 minute conversation with a friend about an episode of Chef Roble and Co.  It’s the episode in which Roble and company catered 2 parties for NY Knicks center, Tyson Chandler. Needless to say, this is the inspiration behind this weeks’ blog posting.

 A level 1 pastry. I’m not sure exactly what falls under Level 1 pasty, but apparently molten lava cakes do. I was upset by this news, because I have eaten at a number of restaurants that serve lava cakes. And this was never a dessert or pastry that I enjoyed. It was always hard and somewhat stale on the outside. Like the cake had been in the fridge for too long before serving.

No! I am not a chef, nor do I pretend to be. I will never dress up in my kitchen with a chef jacket and hat. Instead, with the advice of Kevin Hart, I stay in my “cooking” lane. However, when Roble ripped his pastry chef a new one, I had to try to cook this pasty.  And I kicked its ass! 

As fancy as it seems, this was one of the easiest and fastest things I have ever cooked. It was also very tasty, much better than any I have paid for at these so called “nice” ATL restaurants.  Check it out!

Ingredients:

½ flour
½ cup of confectionery sugar
1 stick of butter
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of amaretto coffee creamer
6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
2 ounce semi-sweet chocolate


Directions:

Melt butter and chocolate bars together in a microwavable safe bowl.
2 Mix flour and confectionery sugar together. Fold slowly into the melted chocolate and butter mix.  Mix eggs, amaretto creamer, and vanilla together. Combine egg mix with the chocolate and sugar mix.  
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease oven safe bake ware and heat for 15 minutes.
4 Let stand for 10 minutes before turning over into plate. Garnish with confectionery sugar and chopped strawberries.


Connect with me:
@SheenaRhae- Twitter
Dishandsip.blogpost.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oxtail Stew

Peanut butter granola pie; borrowed recipe

Same dish; New Preparation