Mint Beef Stir Fry

Beef and mint stir fry, served with jasmine rice and
asparagus. Photo by Chad Morgan
Mint Beef Stir Fry

It’s been over 1 month since my last blog post. And, frankly, that is far too long.  Forgive me, please.  I must admit that I probably cooked twice the whole month of September. Most due to laziness, but mainly because my mother came to visit and there is truly nothing like food from home!

She cooked every day for 2 weeks, multiple times a day. I had so much food in my house. I felt rich.  Normally, I would not let a guest come to my home and cook for me, but my mother is a busy body. She needs something to do constantly. So she cooked and cleaned.  

Back to reality now!  I began to notice that I cook a lot for fish, chicken and pasta. Those are my go to items, but I’m much more than that.

So this month, I plan to get away from those items and work with some flavors that I don’t normally use at home.  In DC, we call our Chinese food spots, carry outs.  And since my mother came to visit, I have been missing a lot of thing that remind me of home. Mumbo sauce, beef and broccoli, chili cheese half smokes and a few others. That is why I decided to do this Asian inspired beef stir fry. I have taken a few fresh herbs to make the flavors of this dish really pop, and you will definitely enjoy.  Please try.


Ingredients:

·         ¼ cup of EVOO- extra virgin olive oil
·         1 tablespoon minced garlic
·         1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced ( most grocery stores will have precut steak sliced and labeled for stir fry)
·         1 table spoon chili powder
·         1 tablespoon of sea salt
·         1 tablespoon of fresh black pepper
·         3 green onions, thinly chopped
·         ½ green pepper, thinly sliced
·         ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
·         ½ cup of oyster sauce
·         2 tablespoons of soy sauce
·         ¼ cup of chopped fresh basil
·         ¼ cup of chopped mint leaves

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30-45 seconds.

Season steak with sea salt, black pepper and chili powder. Add steak to the pan and cook, stirring frequently about 7 minutes

Add the green onions, red and green peppers and cook an additional 2 minutes. Mix the oyster and soy sauce together before adding to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a low simmer, stirring frequently, until the meat and vegetables are tender.

Remove from the skillet and heat, then add and stir in the basil and mint leaved until wilted.

Served with Jasmine rice and asparagus.


Connect with me:
@SheenaRhae- Twitter
Dishandsip.blogpost.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oxtail Stew

Peanut butter granola pie; borrowed recipe

Same dish; New Preparation