I’m a “Foodie” and I love it!


I’m a “Foodie” and I love it!

 


This shall be the first of many blog posts. When I thought about creating a blog, I asked myself, “What the heck would you blog about?” I mean, I like a bunch of stuff. Music, reality shows, videography, working out, but food I love.  A few friends have nicknamed me, the black hole and Big Shirley, but name is Sheena. As a matter of fact, one friend has said that I would drive to Africa for some good food. That’s not true because it’s impossible to drive from the US to Africa J. But, trust me, if Africa was close to South Georgia, I’d drive there!

I am currently in the city of Atlanta, and though I have questioned if I should have gone to culinary school many of times, I think about the good cooks that I grew up with. The household cooks. The ones that cook to nourish their families and create memories at the same time. Who knows, maybe later in life, I will find myself in  someone’s culinary school, but for now I invite you all to follow me as I prepare dishes each week that remind me of home.

I understand too, that I will never be Ms. Judy in the kitchen. Ms. Judy is my mom. “Hey Mom”! I also doubt that she will ever read this, but she is my inspiration. My mother is from a home of 7 children. And as an adult in my late twenties, I realize how difficult it must have been to prepare those meals.  Sometimes I don’t want to prepare a meal for 1.  But I hope to do a few things through this blog. And they are:
  • Inspire more home cooked meals:
  • Prep and prepare a dish once a week:
  • Share the pictures of the dish.  I love food that smells good and looks good. Since I can’t share the aroma, I want to share the presentation.
  • Recreate dishes from restaurants in the Atlanta area to share.
And the ambitious part of this, is once a month do a v-blog, from prep to presentation.

Wish me luck, but also hold me accountable. I love food and writing. And I want to share with everyone.

Twitter: @SheenaRhae
Facebook: camwilson24

Comments

  1. Sheena, there's nothing wrong with being a foodie because I am too. I have the weight around my stomach to prove it. I'm excited to follow your blog each week to see the meals you prepare and hopefully pick up some cooking tips and good recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get some tips from you about hope to keep this thing going.

      Delete
  2. Keep me in the loop. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oxtail Stew

Peanut butter granola pie; borrowed recipe

Same dish; New Preparation