Music and Food Festival

Chili cheese hot dog with mustard and
diced onions. 
The sound greets you from a block away and the aroma of the food intoxicates you. This is going to be a good day, that was my thought.  And it was. This weekend boasted a festival which featured great bands and a barrage of food trucks with varying cuisines. There was crawfish and jambalaya. Oven bricked pizza, pulled pork, Vietnamese food and Jamaican jerk. With my love for food, I could have gone broke. But the responsible adult that I am grabbed a Bacardi Peach beverage and set a budget.

Many of the bands, I had never heard. But that did not s
top me from enjoying the music or atmosphere. I picked up a hula hoop laying in the back of the park, and with 2 other people, we went at it. I was almost stuck by a freebie. And had to protect myself from kids running blindly around the park.

Right before a New Orleans brass band went on to play, I went back to the food trucks. Yes, I ate twice. Once when I got there and right before I left.  When I came across the hot-dog food truck, I knew I had to grab one.


I mean what is better than a hot-dog at a festival or sporting event.  These dogs were fancy, but I keep it classic with the “Bulldog.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oxtail Stew

Peanut butter granola pie; borrowed recipe

Same dish; New Preparation