Deviled Eggs

Photo taken by: Chad Morgan

For years I stood in the kitchen beside my mother and watched her become so flustered with the tedious duties of peeling eggs. Yes, peeling eggs are tedious especially when making deviled eggs. You never want the egg white to be broken or disfigured because that is an egg white that you will have to get rid of. I’ll provide you some tips to make this portion of your life a bit easier.

Over the past 28 years, I have ate hundreds of these bite sized appetizers. Some with a strong mustard flavor, some topped with shrimp, bacon and paprika and some with sugar. But one thing remains the same, they could never top the deviled egg that my mother makes for every family event. It’s a given, that if there is any family event, my mother is bringing the deviled eggs. And they normally don’t last in the fridge longer than an hour. That is a true story.

One year an aunt decided that she wanted to help make the deviled eggs. *dun, dun, dun. * She really wanted to put sugar in the egg yolk mix. After arguing with her for the duration of boiling the eggs, I caved. I mean she is my aunt, and I must respect my elders right?!?! Needless to say, the family knew that those eggs were tampered with. I am about to share with you a recipe that my mother has perfected. This recipe, until now, has been on lock down like the secret Bush Baked Beans recipe.
Are you ready?!?!?!

Ingredients:
½ dozen of eggs
1 tablespoon of mustard
3 tablespoons of sandwich spread
1/4th cup of finely chopped onions


Garnishment:
Paprika
Chopped bacon

Instructions:
Boil 6 large eggs.
Halve 6 eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
Mash yolks with a fork and stir in sandwich spread onions and mustard.
Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika and/or bacon.


Tips to peeling boiled eggs:
Crack the eggs under running water.
Put salt in the water before boiling.
Don't over boil the egg. 


Follow me on twitter
@SheenaRhae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oxtail Stew

Peanut butter granola pie; borrowed recipe

Same dish; New Preparation