Eat with your eyes


Eat with your eyes
 

 I am such a visual eater and I should probably seek help for my food addiction.  I try not to watch commercials because the food presentation on some commercials will cause me to leave my home and drive miles for food. So it’s no wonder that when I saw Elote, Mexican style corn on the cob, on the Food network, I had to try it. Elote is corn on the cob grilled and topped with mayonnaise, cotija cheese, cayenne pepper and freshly squeezed lime juice. So very yummy.

When I found out that my boyfriend was planning to grill this weekend, I knew this would be one of the few opportunities for me to try this dish. I mean, I’m not a griller. I can bake my tail off and cook a good meal, but, me, outdoors with lighter fluid is just dangerous.  I had to set a plan in motion. The idea of mayo on corn is fairly odd, so I could not let him know what I was up to, but I quickly volunteered to bring the corn to this bbq.

As the summer season fast approaches, I want to share a few items this month that are staples at most bbq’s, but will also spice things up a bit. This month all off my weekly blog post will feature items to try at your next kickback, get together, or bbq with family and friends.  This dish is simple, quick and easy to prepare.

Before I arrived at my boyfriend house, I did a simple prep of the corn. I rinsed it, added butter to the kernels with salt and pepper then tightly wrapped each in foil. Since I wasn’t sure how his family would perceive mayo on corn I only made a few for he and I and the rest with simple seasoning of salt and pepper. Not everyone likes to try new stuff, keep that in mind when making this dish. I will say, there were not any of it left to bring home because it was that good.

 

Ingredients:

Corn of the cob

Mayonnaise

Cotija cheese, similar to freshly grated parmesan

Cayenne pepper

Lime

*This ingredient list does not come with measurements because it is all to your liking. If you enjoy cheese, pour it on hard. If you want the heat,  pour it on thick.

Directions:

1.       Get your grill ready; medium heat.

2.       Grill corn until done. When the corn is removed from the foil and hot, brush mayonnaise over the entire ear of corn.

3.       Sprinkle cheese crumbles on corn and cayenne pepper.

4.       Cut lime in half and squeeze lime juice on corn.

5.       Enjoy

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oxtail Stew

Peanut butter granola pie; borrowed recipe

Same dish; New Preparation