Faux Fried Fish

Baked Catfish


This month, I decided to take a spin on the healthy side. And in doing so, I’ve realized that I’m not a healthy eater, which has been a tough pill to swallow. I do eat salads often, only when I’m lazy and do not want to slave over a stove. I sauté mostly in olive oil. However, eating healthy is about much more than that.  As I started to think about what kind of dish I would prepare this week, I realized that my eating habits were pretty much atrocious.

I love bacon on everything and in everything.  Like bacon cheese dogs, chicken salad sandwich with bacon, bacon cheese burgers, bacon deviled eggs… You get the picture.  Then my next addiction, cheese.  My love for cheese is kind of crazy. I have at least 8 different kinds of cheese in my fridge. I can’t even being to justify why. I just do!

Why do I have Feta cheese, Parmesan, cheddar, Mexican blend, Cijota, queso, pimento? What am I using them for? So, this week, I was determined, no bacon and no cheese. With those restrictions fish was sounding really good.  Today’s meal, baked catfish.

Ingredients:

·         4oz cat fish filets (no skin)
·         1 egg
·         ¼ cup vegetable oil
·         2 cups panko breading lemon pepper seasoned
·         2 tsp black pepper
·         2 tsp sea salt
·         2 tsp season salt


Directions:

Start by washing the fish and placing it aside. Combine all dry ingredients (panko bread, black pepper sea salt, and seasoning salt)

Place large sauté pan on the stove over a medium heat and heat the ¼ cup of vegetable oil.

Crack and whisk one egg. Dredge the fish into the whisked egg then into the panko breading mixed. Place in the oil and quickly sauté for one minute on both sides.

Remove fish from the oil, transfer onto a baking pan and bake at 375 for ten to fifteen minutes or until fish is nicely browned.


Connect with me:
@SheenaRhae- Twitter
Dishandsip.blogpost.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oxtail Stew

Peanut butter granola pie; borrowed recipe

Same dish; New Preparation